Bettababe's 10 Gallon Betta Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Try ace or Walmart, they have lots of hoses! And the vacuums are at petco and petsmart :)

Oh I see now, that makes sense! I was gonna do that to help seed my 50g! (which I still don't have yet) :p

Some pics! In the first couple you can kinda see the green sprouts from the plant bulb. The rest are just of the fish and setup. :)

Lookin good there! :) has your tank finished its cycle yet? ^^

So, testing today, my parameters are:
Ammonia .25
NitrIte 0
NitrAte 5

So, the ammonia hasn't actually moved for a few days now, and I've never had nitrites, so I can't figure out where the nitrates came from. I know my water doesn't have any.

Bettababe1011 said:
So, testing today, my parameters are:
Ammonia .25
NitrIte 0
NitrAte 5

So, the ammonia hasn't actually moved for a few days now, and I've never had nitrites, so I can't figure out where the nitrates came from. I know my water doesn't have any.

Seeded material! I NEVER saw Trites! I cycled a 55g with like 14 Africans so I'm leaning towards the active media :)

The cycle is done, I think. I'm gonna do another test soon to make sure, but I think I'm gonna get some ghost shrimp soon.

Watch out with the ghost shrimp, they may become a betta snack! In the past 24 hours I have seen two different Bettas crowing down on ghost shrimp!

I know the risk. I've told people to be careful before, actually. I jut figured it was worth a try.

Yeah, I had never really noticed a problem until last night and again this morning, when I saw two Bettas in two different tanks swimming around with a shrimp in their mouth...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom