Bettas and adfs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skiweeangel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Know that it all depends on the Betta's personality but I was wondering if anyone has kept this combination with any success?

A friend of mine kept a successful 15 gal with them.

The tank does need to be shallow and long really though as the frogs surface for air and a deep tank can cause em to drown I believe.

Also ADFs are near enough blind so food needs to be put right by them (betta may eat sinking food) so manually placing food in a certain area will "train" the frog to go there for food making feeding slightly easier.

I'll see if I can get a hold of him an ask some questions lol :)

I had 2 with my Betta and it was very difficult to feed them. The Betta keep stealing all their food. Eventually I have them away bc they started to look skinny from not eating enough.

I wouldn't do it. Though frogs have been killed by bettas, I would be more worried about the betta. ADF's are nearly blind and can be very aggressive feeders. One of my frogs attacks my hand almost daily when I reach in to put food in their dish. Others are much slower coming around to their dish, and if a betta was around, there wouldn't be anything left by the time they got there, and I'd eventually have a sick betta from overeating.

Back
Top Bottom