Fog mist bother bettas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

faysalals1

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does the fog mist machine bother the bettas? considering they always like breathing air? They make my aquarium look amazing but I was wondering if its bothering the betta

Until your thread i never knew this was even a thing.

Can we get a photo?

A little reading around the subject i cant find anything that suggests the equipment is harmful in itself. It does create more evaporation which might lead to limescale build up on the aquarium above the waterline, and if you are topping off evaporation you should use RO or distilled water to prevent disolved solids building up in the water.

Edit: There is some cause for concern that ultrasonic humidifiers in general might have some health issues for people as the humidifier effect will aerosolise bacteria as well as the water, which you would then breathe in. The article i read accepted issues would be rare if the equipment was regularly cleaned. This would be more difficult in an aquarium situation where bacteria will be rife in the aquarium water.

Last edited:
Until your thread i never knew this was even a thing.

Can we get a photo?

A little reading around the subject i cant find anything that suggests the equipment is harmful in itself. It does create more evaporation which might lead to limescale build up on the aquarium above the waterline, and if you are topping off evaporation you should use RO or distilled water to prevent disolved solids building up in the water.

Edit: There is some cause for concern that ultrasonic humidifiers in general might have some health issues for people as the humidifier effect will aerosolise bacteria as well as the water, which you would then breathe in. The article i read accepted issues would be rare if the equipment was regularly cleaned. This would be more difficult in an aquarium situation where bacteria will be rife in the aquarium water.

I sent you a video and a link to the product.

I cant use anything other than tap water considering its a 26 gallon aquarium

Amazon.com

The only real issue I can see is if the Betta can't get air when it breathes because the surface is water vapor ( mist) vs air. You might want to create an area where the mist cannot go so it leaves the surface area clear of any mist and safer for the fish. (y)
You are right tho, it's a neat look. ;)

The only real issue I can see is if the Betta can't get air when it breathes because the surface is water vapor ( mist) vs air. You might want to create an area where the mist cannot go so it leaves the surface area clear of any mist and safer for the fish. (y)
You are right tho, it's a neat look. ;)

Okay ill try to do that, and I only turn it on at night for 2-3 hours, and not everyday

Back
Top Bottom