bettas and mollies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aksommer

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a Betta in my new tank. He has gotten along well with my danios guppies etc. Was given a new molly and he hates her! If I put other mollies in will it keep him from attacking the one?? My 9 year old will die if either fish has to go! Help

betta's are a gamble, can u get another tank for betta? like a 5g?

how big is this tank?
i wouldn't put any more mollies in the tank, they are fish that do better in brackish water

The tank is 20 gallons. It should be big enough for both of them but that poor molly is scared to death. Getting another tank is iffy. I don't have anywhere to put it. Even just a small 5 gallon.

I guess my question really is, is will he stop attacking her or do I need to put him in a bowl?

i would highly recommend doing what u can before resorting to the bowl....

I have 3 Mollies in with my Betta, they seem just fine, if anything the mollies keep the betta in place, I have 3 and they take no Sh*t from the beta and do just fine in my 100L tank. Cant say ive had much experience with them... Why cant you put more mollie in the tank? Just out of curiousity I'm not challenging your statement just curious as to why more mollies cant be introduced? My mollies are doing fine in water with no salt, it is only early days though.

Reactions: New
Your right I am going to put more mollies in! I found that after two days the betta found his place! Thanks for all the advice!

My mollies wound my Betta up, which is ironic because when I bought him from the shop he'd been in a tank with balloon mollies and had munched the tails of a few before being separated.

My 9 year old will die if either fish has to go! Help

It's not about us, it's about the fish. ;)

This is actually the perfect opportunity to teach your child about compatibility and responsible fishkeeping. She's not going to get everything she wants in the real world. Best to start teaching her that now.

Back
Top Bottom