Bicolor Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

duncantse

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have recently purchased a bicolor angelfish (sunday) It hasn't eaten anything I feed and its always hiding in my live rocks. Is this normal for new fish or not?

Also, my water parameters is good. No ammonia or nitrite and only 20ppm nitrate. Salinity is 1.023

Any help would be appreciated .

no. it's not normal as far as i have seen. is it at least picking at the rock?
you might want to try some black worms or live brine just to get him eating.

omg I moved the live rock away and it seems like its dieing. Its lying on its side right now not moving. I think it sucked in nitrite last week because I had 1ppm nitrite before. Can this be the cause? If it is, what should I do?

My water parameters right now is good. I think it sucked in the nitrite from last week cause there was a nitrite spike last week.
Do you know how to cure it if it got nitrite poison? I have done a 20% water change

Fish don't die from such a small amount of nitrite nor is it going to "suck it in." It takes very high amounts of nitrite in saltwater to cause poisoning, which is not anywhere close to what you have. You can either perform water changes and hope for the best or move the animal to a qt and treat there (if you have polyaqua it wouldn't hurt).

I agree with James. Do some PWC`s or QT. Nitrites have nothing to do with it at that level. You can also try soaking the food in garlic.

Back
Top Bottom