big debate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tsk5035

Aquarium Advice Activist
Here's my dilemma: do I continue on working to make my 75 gal an mbuna community tank OR I do with a larger pair of fish as a breeding pair?

I really like the idea of having lots of breeding fish. But the idea of having a big breeding pair would be cool.

What are peoples thoughts?!

I was really into Africans for a while but now I'm drifting back to the other side. I truly like to watch the ca/sa fish with their personality, the slow but steady movement, and breeding bahaviors. I try to watch the mbuna but it's like watching 30 ADD kids running around and screaming and after a long day it's not what I'm looking for. So my vote is a breeding pair of Electric Blue Jack Dempseys.

With a larger pair in a 75 there won't be room for any other fish besides maybe a Bristlenose plec. The other downside is sometimes these larger fish do get aggressive and with a 75g there's no alot of running room, so you need to monitor behavior closely.

Back
Top Bottom