Big die off help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darkseid76

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Please I hope anyone can help me out.

In the span of just 12 hours I've lost 6 fish!!!

I'm in the process of doing a 50% water change and tidying up filter boxes. Gonna switch out some of the inserts.

I have no idea what happened! I lost my lone Cory on Friday. No visible signs of disease just dead. This morning before work I noticed one of my juvi platies in distress and another dead.

I isolated him ASAP and dosed my med tank with a shot of Melafix and went to work. I came home just now and the platy was dead but also in my main tank I lost 2 sword fry and my Neon!!

What the heck is going on!! I have a sneaking suspicion of a bacterial infection of some sort that I introduced when I bought a new betta last week. I don't think I QTed him long enough and now I'm paying the price.

How stupid of me!!

I haven't had a sick fish in over a year and now I've lost 6 in less than a day!!

All my shrimp look fine and my water parameters are: pH 7.4-7.6, ammonia 0 ppm, nitrites 0 ppm, nitrates 5 ppm. Water temp about 74 F

No hardness kit I have to order a new one.

Will be checking this thread periodically, still doing water change.

Thanks AA

Sorry to hear about your fish losses .. hope it gets worked out. Judging by the your water parameters and the fact your shrimp are ok ... does sound like a fish disease introduced by the betta. One week's QT's not long enough ... really should be a month (2-3 months for wild caught fish). Some diseases take a few weeks to show up.

I'm heart broken about my neon. She's been a real trooper the last year. She had survived ich twice and a move to a new apartment.

To see her go so fast wasn't fair.

I am very sorry about your loss. It's never easy to lose a friend. I know how it feels. I couldn't diagnose your fish, but i sure do hope that this doesn't happen again.

Best Of Luck!

Ok everything is looking great this morning. Lots of activity and everyone eating well.

Also my sword female birthed another batch of fry. I managed to nab 3 during water change and the rest are going to be on their own in the main tank.

Well lost 2 more platy today.

Fiancé sent me this while I was at work

image-265633493.jpg

Got home to my RCS chowing down on a second. So did another PWC, 25%, added half dose API Salt and raised temp. Used last of Melafix also.

Just hope whatever it is affecting my tank runs its course.

Can't think of nothing else I could do. Deaths are sudden and quick.

Attachments

• image-296304227.jpg
    image-296304227.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 52
Back
Top Bottom