Big Pacu won't eat for 1 week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pebble? Do you think she swallowed something?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Often a fish will get a pebble stuck in their mouth/throat.

Happens frequently. I have had to remove one from a goldfish in my pond.

Basically try to get a look inside the fish's mouth from outside the tank. Do you have gravel? - or smallish sized stones that could have been sucked up while foraging for food?

My goldfish ate the pebble off of a potted plant in the pond that had some on top of the soil. Otherwise zi didn't have those in there and I was surprised at how it got one stuck until I realized that there were some in the pot. It just depends on if you could have had, even one stone of mouth size.

If you can't see in its mouth, the capture the fish - use a soft towel no fabric softener used sheets or liquid. Some kinds of paper towels might also work but you will need to feel comfortable that the paper towels won't stick to the fish and could use several layers. The kind that are like fabric work okay, just use several layers.

Have everything ready to go to check and see if there is something inside. Little flashlight.

Have a tweezer, longer the better 6". Sanitized and rinsed, heated burned might work and cooled and rinsed.

Hold fish mouth would be already opened and hold fish firmly (2 people would be ideal) pluck out pebble put fish back. Don't be squeemish just gently do it.

Never knew that was possible, let me see....

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom