Big Tank IDEAS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JTAM963

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am looking to start a tank by Fall of 75 gallons plus.

Would rather make it a large fish tank as oppose to community.

Any suggestions on cool cichlids/or other fish to try.

I was thinking 2 managuenses and maybe a couple other bottom feeders.

you could do an oscar. i don't know much about them but i do know they are cichlids and 75gallons is adequate for one. and they're very cool. of course i've seen a bunch of cichlid communities on here and they are very nice and look very interesting to watch. i actually just looked up Jack Dempsey's and they're really cool looking. i don't know a whole lot about cichlids because the one thing i do know is that they are aggressive fish. i like my fish peaceful, personally :D would be interested to know what you decide!

I am leaning towards one Managuense and one Oscar.

I am prob going to buy them both at less then two inches, so maybe two Jaguars n one Oscar.

Just want them all to survive to adulthood.

Yeah I am leaning to an oscar and a jaguar.

Then some clown loaches for the bottom feeders and maybe a couple ottos or a bigger pleco.

Depending how big the oscar gets he will eat the ottos for sure and may eat the lochs.

Well then no ottos, prob a pleco and clown loaches. Thought they get pretty big and can handle themselves.I am going to buy them at about 5 inches

I would recommend an electric blue jack dempsey just cuz i love them, but if you need to go with the jaguar and oscar your on the right track with doing them at barely 2 inches as they start out less aggressive. Provide plenty of hiding spaces and ALOT of caves for their choosing as this will highly decrease your chances of territorial issues. A 75 will handle a pleco just fine and once they grow you wont have to worry about them becoming a snack.

Back
Top Bottom