Bike is done... pics at last !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Melody said:
It drives me batty when someone tells anyone that "That bike will kill you..."
Any RESPONSIBLE rider will tell you that you will be fine as long as you take the course, be aware of your surroundings, leave your self an out, and know that your not bullet proof, and dont ride over your ability.

Melody......my comment was meant as a joke....nothing more......I am hoping to get my next one... a BMW R1200 GS some time in the next 6months or so....... http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/machine/models/model.jsp?model=r1200gs

Me personally...I can't ride a 600cc bike. I'm 6'3" ans weigh 250 lbs.....I'm just plain too big for a 600 .... I have only found a few 750cc bikes that I can tuck my legs against the tanks of......for the most part I need at least a 1000 or bigger...

Anyway..XXFF....beutiful bike, man......looks great.

NewFishGuy said:
Melody......my comment was meant as a joke....nothing more.......

DOH... sorry to jump all over you like that... :oops:
With my most humble apology... a little eye candy...
while its not the bike you want... its the BMW I fell in love with...

Melody said:
NewFishGuy said:
Melody......my comment was meant as a joke....nothing more.......

DOH... sorry to jump all over you like that... :oops:
With my most humble apology... a little eye candy...
while its not the bike you want... its the BMW I fell in love with...

THATS a sweet bike.. and BEYOND fast !

Nice bike. I gave up my ZX-11 a few years ago. I had this slight wrist problem.......
every time I got on it my wrist would just twist, twist, twist! :eek: Now I just putt putt about on my Goldwing.

Attachments

• bikefallupload.jpg
    bikefallupload.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 66
I hear ya on the Hardley's. But having one has nothing to do with age.
Id rather sit back and cruse on my Kawasaki Nomad 1500 then lay down on a rice rocket any day.

It's all a matter of taste not age Im only 36.

Attachments

• bad_mutha_203.jpg
    bad_mutha_203.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 57
true. I bought a Yamaha 750 Virago to learn on. Got my license, and then got my Goldwing as soon as I could. I knew I wanted to tour the country and there was no better way to do it than a Wing. My crotch rocket phase came later, and passed, but I still have the Wing. I was 30 for my first ride.

Attachments

• upload1_823.jpg
    upload1_823.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 67
oscarbreeder said:

I hear ya, oscarbreeder.....I'm only 31 and I have NO intrest in a rocket bike....I have no problems with anyone haveing one, except for maybe the fact that all the drug dealers around here have them and like to run from us on them.....other then that, "to each his own"....

Me...I prefer the naked class bikes.....I love the Kawasaki ZRX1200R ( http://www.kawasaki.com/product_detail.asp?product=20&category=2&tag=motorcycle ) and of course...my next one is the BMW shown above....

Anyway....back to xxFirefighter's bike.....It's beutiful, man. Nothing too flashy....just elegant and FAST!

Meant MPH !
yeah. Personally, I don't know how fast I ever got. I never went to a track, and on public roads, well, what I did was insane and criminal. Once, I looked down to see the speedometer swinging through 160, but didn't have the nerve to look back down again after that, and just kept accelerating. That kind of acceleration and speed is so stimulating as to be addictive. Once I realized I had a major problem, and could not stop myself from routinely riding public roads at 100+ mph, I sold the ZX-11. I sure do miss it tho. Adrenaline Junkies do eventually mellow out, and a wife and two kids helps to speed the process. :D

I remember stand up wheelies on my ZX-7R quite well!!!! I got smart got off the street and raced in CCS for a few years until the kids came. Sold the big kid bikes to buy little kid ones. Somebody drag a knee for me this weekend!

here is me pre race at road america in 2000.

Attachments

• darren1_104.jpg
    darren1_104.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 110
I went the conservative route with a Ninja 500R. 2 cylinder, but you'd hardly notice it if you weren't a huge sport bike aficionado.
I'm still in the 1,000 mile break-in (200 miles to go).

The nice thing is I still have the bulk of after market parts available to me, the stock bike is two grand less than their 600 model, and insurance isn't quite as bad. Oh and at 349lbs dry, its super nimble.

First bike was a Suzuki GSX 850, 1982. Was the bike i really learned to ride on, and it was about 800lbs dry...so the Ninja's a huge change. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom