Bio Bags

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hey guys, its been about 3 months since i had my tank and i want to know if i need to get a new bio bag? because all the time after i do a pwc and when i dont do a pwc there is always dust and icky stuff from the bio bag coming in there, i tried rinsing with tank water, doesnt work, tried brushing the crap off, didnt work

any ideas?

Patience is a virtue. We are a resource, but not a service.

OK, if you're going to replace your Bio-Bag, you'll want to have something else with lots of surface area in your filter for the bacteria to colonize. If you put a piece of sponge, floss, or the new Bio-Bag in there, wait a week or so, and then replace the old, clogged bag, leaving the other material in the filter for a few weeks for microbial continuity. It is good to rinse the bag gently in tank water when you're doing water changes.

ok, for one, i know about what goes on in this site okay? i joined jan 35 and quit and rejoined, so i know what goes on here you dont need to tell me, the only thing is is that it took about 7 1/2 hours for a reply and once again

i know what goes on in this website i know how it works

Rudy- Sometimes people that read posts don't know the answer, that could be why noone replied right away. For example, I read your post about an hour after you posted it but I didn't feel like I had the right info to give you to answer your question. We are a resource to come to for advice, but sometimes it takes waiting for a day or so for a responce.

the fact that it took 7 1/2 hours makes me upset

well im not gonna get in a fight over it so im taking the highway not his way

Rudy, if you can't keep it civil, you won't be allowed to post.
Thread locked until further notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom