bio wheel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blur34

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got a new fluval 304 canister filter for my tank to replace an older pengiun bio-wheel filter. I remember reading on previous posts here that I should let the bio-wheel itself float in the tank to preserve the bacteria. I am just wondering how long I need to leave it in there. Thanks in advance for any help.

If I were you I would just run both of the filters on the tank for a couple weeks, then take off the Penguin. That would be the easiest way IMO. :mrgreen:

What you should do is...

What you should do is when you get the new bio wheel is let it sit for about 3 weeks then have the one(alreay In) put in the water and the new one you bought put into the filter. then about 2 days later you can have the old bio wheel took out of the water. I had to do this to my 20 gal.

blur34 isn't getting a new Biowheel, he/she is getting a Fluval to replace a Penguin filter. There's never any reason to get a new Biowheel unless an old one is messed up or something.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom