Biocube14 biocube pros plz read and help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roryb24

Aquarium Advice Regular
i have the biocube14 and i have a protien skimmer in the far right chamber.
i still have the bioballs but i want to take them out and just put the orig carbon filter in there place. is that fine or would that be a problem? i dont want to do the LR and cheto in there so i thought this might be a option will it work or so i not do it???
heres pics to see whats going on.

Attachments

• DSC00558.jpg
    DSC00558.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 178
  • DSC00557.jpg
    DSC00557.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 183
I run chemi pure elite in my first compartment of my jbj. I don't use any bio ball or rubble for the bio filter. To polish the water after changing it for the first couple of days I have a floss pad I put in. I rinse it ro water and am able to use it a couple more times.

I'm running the stock lighting. 10 hrs a day and I'm thinking I might do the the le and cheato not sure yet but started removing the bioballs acouple every other day.

Why do you want to remove them though if you're not going to replace a good amount of your biological filtration? If you really want to you can remove a say 1/3 about every 3 weeks to a month and then replace it.

i dont want all the nitrates they produce. i have taken out about half of them now and my nitrates have fallen from 40ppm to 20ppm im probally gonna do a cheto and lr in the chamber they were in

yeah there is a ton of threads showing how to set up a DIY light or i can buy one by JBJ thats mabe for it. But i have the new version of the biocube 14 so i dont have to scrape the paint of the back of chamber 2 its already a open window just for this type of setup.

I just run a floss and sponge that I change out weekly in chamber one. That keeps the water nice and clean. No need for any carbon or chemi pure.

You could move the protein skimmer to chamber two if you decide to forego the cheto. I never have an issue with nitrates.

Ya chizo i run filterfloss and a really course sponge in chamber 2 no need for anything else just replace the floss every 4 days its cheep nitrates always 0.

Back
Top Bottom