birdow' s 75gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Birdow

Aquarium Advice Regular
i need some suggestions on a anemone for my maroon clown.A friend told me about elegance corals he said they dont move around like anemones and sting things.I would like to get another maybe they will pair.for lights I have dual lamp high output 108 wtts total

I woulod recommend and RBTA since some do not move around as often as others, I know for the most part as long as they have good flow and are being feed they will stay put unless stressed.

Hi. I wouldn't suggest putting in any nems with just a double bulb fixture. :-(

Also, my clowns hosted my elegance coral to an inch of the corals life, I had to give it away to save it.

Clowns don't always host, it's kind of hot or miss. Also, if i'm not mistaken you just recently set up your tank, and nems require an older more established tank.

Yeah i heard you have to wait at least 8 months up to a year before adding anemone to a new tank. For the benefit of their health.. Thats why i dont have any in my aquarium.. I really wanna see my clown play in it and feed it

Yes, you def need to wait till at least 8 months because there will be less parameter swings in your tank. Also you will need quite a bit more light 3-5 watts per gallon. The bubble tips are a little more hardy than the other anemones and look way better in my opinion. Be patient and educated

Back
Top Bottom