Black Diamand Blasting Sand on Long Island

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZCNY

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey i live about in the middle of Long Island and i cant find Black diamond Blasting sand anywhere, anyone from my area know where i can find it any help appreciated

Save yourself the hassle ... Petco sells store brand black sand. It's what I use in my shrimp tank.

I was wondering what that (Petco black sand) was like. The grains are shiny, correct? Looks consistently dark...nice for a shrimp tank. Kind of wished I got that instead of the Eco-complete; but it was on sale for $9 per bag I could not pass it up. The EC is mostly black but there are other colors present as well (red, gray).

I'm from Long Island but I've never looked for it, probably better off getting it online.

I was wondering what that (Petco black sand) was like. The grains are shiny, correct? Looks consistently dark...nice for a shrimp tank. Kind of wished I got that instead of the Eco-complete; but it was on sale for $9 per bag I could not pass it up. The EC is mostly black but there are other colors present as well (red, gray).

They are a bit shiny I suppose. I like the way it looks, gives the substrate a nice uniform dark color ... Much like photos i've seen of black blasting sand.

Talked to grainger last week they can special order it going to find out price even if its 20 for 50 lbs its still better then the 20 lbs black sand from petco bc I need close to 150 lbs for my 72g

Tractor Supply carries it. Check their store locator for the closest location.

I got mine from eBay. 40 lbs for $20. It's very nice in a tank btw! That's black sand blasting sand.

Tractor Supply carries it. Check their store locator for the closest location.

Yeah no tractor supply on Long Island closest one is over 100 miles from me they have Black Beauty Blasting sand here I wonder if that's the same stuff

Back
Top Bottom