black diamond cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stone1269

Aquarium Advice Freak
Someone told me to feed frozen blood worms to my juvenile diamond to get him to grow faster. Does anyone know if this is true?

I don't think that would be true but I'm not positive. I have never heard that before.

It's not uncommon to give meaty foods to juvenile fish to get them to grow faster. Bloodworms are often used, as well as stuff like beef heart (popular for discus breeders), but I don't know enough about the particular fish you have to suggest anything.

If you do decide to give him extra protein, just remember to supplement with a good all around flake or pellet, I prefer using NLS.

I suggest even more frequent water changes than that, if you can do a 50% every few days it will help growth, as well as raise the tank temperature up a bit. Somewhere around 80-82 will make the fish grow faster. Note that this also means the fish will need more food, so feed more frequently.

Not a prob I will def try it I have a green terror and a black diamond cichlid n my 30g I have a 150g waiting on them to get big enough to join my other big fish but I'm kinda n a hry cause I also have a breeding pair of brichardi n with them and they just had a batch of fry

Back
Top Bottom