Black ghost knife fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As I said... I'd really recommend against using feeder fish due to infection and parasite concerns... Not to mention they're not nutritionally balanced. From wikipedia:

" Some of the species used as feeder fish (goldfish and rosy red minnows) contain high quantities of thiaminase, an enzyme that destroys vitamin B1 and when fed in large quantities cause nutritional imbalances. When bred and held in an overcrowded or otherwise sub-optimal environment, they may also carry bacterial infections and parasites, which can be passed along to fish that eat them.[1][2] A major disadvantage of using feeder fish, particularly goldfish, is that they do not actually simulate what tropical fish eat in the wild."

Polarbear : I remember when mine was that small. He is 3 ft now and eats 300 fish a week. Lol

Go to my profile and click on "threads started by user" . The thread its called "new to freshwater forum". You will see the video a couple posts down. Let me know what u think.

Back
Top Bottom