Black Ghost Knife?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
150 gal

With a pleco, an angel and 4 ctenos

I feed them rosey reds once in a while and even the bgk hunts them down. I think he's happy... He's active throughout the day and night... But who knows, if only he could talk. And I do (3) 50% wc every 2 weeks. I think that's helped him grow... He was less than 3" when I got him

That tank should be fine for life IMO and that sounds awesome! I wanna get a huge tank soon.

That tank should be fine for life IMO and that sounds awesome! I wanna get a huge tank soon.

Go bigger! Lol I wish I had just bought a 240 long (96" long!) to begin with. You can get the tank and matching canopy for $1100

150 gal cost me about $650 brand new for the same thing... But it has it's limits... With a 240... Pretty much anything goes.. Cept big catfish and bass

Sorry about our first encounter btw josh lol. Was a little hostile :p
I apologize for that. I was at work and wasn't having a good day and spent my lunch hour talkin smack lol

No worries it's no big deal. I do just wanna get a 220 gallon one day I think that would be sick!

Go bigger! Lol I wish I had just bought a 240 long (96" long!) to begin with. You can get the tank and matching canopy for $1100 150 gal cost me about $650 brand new for the same thing... But it has it's limits... With a 240... Pretty much anything goes.. Cept big catfish and bass Sorry about our first encounter btw josh lol. Was a little hostile :p I apologize for that. I was at work and wasn't having a good day and spent my lunch hour talkin smack lol
I think we all have those days lol

Wow, I went to sleep and this post got popular! lol, I have a 29 gallon tank with 4 harlequin rasboras, 4 neon tetras, a pleco and two kuhli loaches. My setup is all wrong for a ghost knife! My boyfriend does want something unique and different to have in the tank, so we'll keep our eye out for new fun things that show up at the lfs. I've seen people talk about elephant nose fish, are those better suited for medium sized community tanks?

Wow, I went to sleep and this post got popular! lol, I have a 29 gallon tank with 4 harlequin rasboras, 4 neon tetras, a pleco and two kuhli loaches. My setup is all wrong for a ghost knife! My boyfriend does want something unique and different to have in the tank, so we'll keep our eye out for new fun things that show up at the lfs. I've seen people talk about elephant nose fish, are those better suited for medium sized community tanks?
elephant noses need id say at least 55 gallons, however a bigger tank will be greatly appreciated. I've heard lots of mixed info on their compatibility too, some say they're horribly aggressive and should be kept alone or in species only tanks and others say they're fine in community tanks.

elephant noses need id say at least 55 gallons, however a bigger tank will be greatly appreciated. I've heard lots of mixed info on their compatibility too, some say they're horribly aggressive and should be kept alone or in species only tanks and others say they're fine in community tanks.

Ok, thanks. I might just get an angel as my centerpiece fish, I love them and they won't eat my little fish!

Don't know why petsmart sells them. How many people going into petsmart to buy fish have a tank that big

Yeah I don't like that petsmart is selling them....the people who sell fish there know nothing about fish IMO, they'll tell you 24 hours is enough to cycle a tank and other crap like that!

Angelfish are a Cichlid. They can eat small fish. Neons are part of their diet in the wild.

But raising a baby Angel with your fish it may be ok.

Oh I didn't know they eat neons naturally. I've had big angels with smaller fish like yoyo loaches and rainbow sharks and the angels were very peaceful, but loaches and rainbow sharks are semi-aggressive and not as small as tetras..so maybe that's why they didn't get eaten.

Back
Top Bottom