Black molly is dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

debomb4u

Aquarium Advice Activist
This morning when i woke up if found my black molly dead... last night he wasnt able to stay off the gravel (swimming up and falling back down). Atleast he survived a cycle and most of the way through a ich treatment.

The ich treatment is for the other molly.... i'm already starting to decrease the temp and salt level.

Now i'm starting to think he has a slight case of mouth fungus.... last night it looked pretty gnarled up with red spots on the lips... now its just alittle messy.

I have no clue about why my molly died... all my water parameters have been fine for weeks... unless its some bacteria level (i havnt gravel vaced yet but i am buying one tomorrow)

Nothing on him was abnormal either.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :x

Sorry to hear about your sudden loss. If it's any consolation, I lost my one and only mickeymouse this morning as well. He had been a little constipated and hadn't eaten for several days. :(

Sorry to hear about your loss too. I've been reading up on the flexibacter columnaris....when fish have that does their hole head look like its a cotton ball or majorly falling off??

Since my molly's lips only have alittle red and white on them.

Any advice or help would be helpful

Back
Top Bottom