Black neon tetra eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carf

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have inherited my dad's tank and just purchased 6 fish from 2 different stores on Wednesday after letting the water cycle for a week. I got 3 Platties and 3 Black Neon tetras. Friday morning I noticed what appears to be about 12 or so eggs. They are creamy white with kind if fuzziness around them. The fish do not seem concerned with them and no change has appeared. It has been about 32 hours since I noticed them. I am attaching a picture. Are they eggs? Why have they not hatched? Should I be doing anything? I realize I should be removing the adult fish but I only have 1 tank and had no intention of breeding and in fact told the sales woman I wanted the same sex so I wouldn't have to worry about breeding! Sorry the picture is on the side. See a few under the reddish plant between it and the green plant.

Attachments

• 1505002302504516463114.jpg
    1505002302504516463114.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 81
I don't think those are eggs, they look like rotten food pellets tbh.

You said you let the tank cycle for a week, what exactly did that entail? Usually doing a fishless cycle takes a month, unless you already had a bacteria colony going?

I don't think those are eggs, they look like rotten food pellets tbh.

You said you let the tank cycle for a week, what exactly did that entail? Usually doing a fishless cycle takes a month, unless you already had a bacteria colony going?

I was beginning to wonder that too after the feeding yesterday when I used a pellet type of food. It seems too big for these guys but using the food my dad had and alternating it. It had the same coloring and shape but always floated to the top unlike what appeared to be eggs. However, I was still coming to the conclusion it was old food.
As to cycling the tank, I did what I had read most often online and tested the water and it seems to be fine. The fish seem healthy and happy.
Thanks for your reply

Back
Top Bottom