Black Oscar?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love the silver arowana. Would love to have one, but another tank over 750g would collapse my first floor at home ?. I was, however, referring to the wild oscar just about off screen ? and the pic directly underneath.

what am I doing?

Oh lol sorry yea I have 5 tanks lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

UPDATE- I'm now convinced that this oscar is a dyed or tattooed gold oscar. The white spot on his pectoral fins cleared and the ocelli have turned into raised white flesh. He is covered in ammonia burn, but he is apparently pulling through. I'm not quite sure what to do, though.

what am I doing?

Nurse him back to health or put em down. . I'd really like to see him?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Here we go, looking like a normal gold oscar ?

what am I doing?

Attachments

• 1415750205214.jpg
    1415750205214.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 1415750220523.jpg
    1415750220523.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 94
Strange..does look dyed?? looks skinny too.

Strange..does look dyed?? looks skinny too.

Very skinny, just received him 4 days ago. Back story is written in my earlier posts. I think I just inherited somebody's fraudulent purchase. I don't quite know if I want to rehome or just nurse back to health and keep.

Though he is skinny and a little on the weak side he has had the first 4 day dose of anti parasite food (2 weeks left) and 2 treatments of general cure. As you can see, kind of, he is free of ick now and the scars from chemical bathing are visible but not inflamed or oozing. He had an earthworm today and successfully hunted him down and enthusiastically chewed him up.

Has anybody raised a dyed or tattooed oscar?

what am I doing?

Back
Top Bottom