Black patch on fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

midwestsmoke74

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a platy that seems to have developed a black patch on the side of his body. It's wouldnt call it a spot its not round, its kind of square like a patch. I cant really find any disease that has black spots or patches as symptoms, does anybody know of any or what it could be? Also my molly just had babies and a few have black spots on them, which i dont understand because my mollies are orange and white.

What are your water parameters? Is your platy acting normal? It might be a normal color change. The molly fry may be from another father depending how long they have been in the tank. Quite often mollies come from the lfs pregnant. Also they can store sperm for several months meaning the fry quite well might have come from another daddy.

My water test seems fine, my platy is acting very normal, i dont see any changes. Do platys normally change colors? Thanks for the fry info, thats probably what it is. I've had the mollies for about 2 months i think.

Back
Top Bottom