Black stringy algae? Anything I can get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

d9hp

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am having a bad week in the aquaria world! I noticed some green algae starting up on one of my rocks, and now there is black stringy algae jumping up everywhere! I ordered a lettuce nudibranch last night, will it eat the brownish/black string algae im getting? If not, what will?

Can you provide a picture of the algae? It could be a bad case of cyano, but it could also be dinoflagellates, or something totally different.

Sorry for not getting back here, with school I am lucky I got to post the question!!

Here is the picture of the algae, and I thought I would throw in one of my frog and hammer just so you could see them together and how stunning my tank is with them together now! All I want now is a torch!

That is a bad picture, im pretty sure its not cyano but it may be, is there anything I can get?

To eat it?? The only thing I know that eats cycano are queen and horse conchs, the queen gets too large for your tank and neither are noted for going onto the rocks.

Decrease nutrient import (slow down on the feeding), increase nutrient export (skimming water changes, pruning the fuge as necessary), and increase waterflow ;)

Back
Top Bottom