Blah!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I try a few things. Start with the biggest piece and branch off that. Or just kinda drop in the rocks and shift them where they land. I find if you don't really try hard it will turn out good or at least give you a really good foundation where you can shift a few rocks and make it just what you want.

I'm finding it a lot harder to find that "perfect spot" for the rocks since I'm trying to silicone (which is a pain in itself) them together... It's not working well... :(

When I do it I think the same think but my wife thinks it looks great. It takes me days to finally decide if I like it lol. Put them in then change it then change again and so on and so on. Your not alone ;)

I'd start without glueing it. And glue it once you find a way you like.

You're definitely not alone...... Mine's been up & running for a few months, and I'll still go in and move a rock or two around.

I think I'm going to say forget the silicone.... I like the thought of them not falling but I don't like the idea of them being a pain to reposition!

I'd agree.... just set up the rocks where they naturally lock in together. I'm also guilty of hammering a few pieces that I wasn't happy with.

Phranque said:
I'd agree.... just set up the rocks where they naturally lock in together. I'm also guilty of hammering a few pieces that I wasn't happy with.

Lol :)

Mommaof4boys said:
Lol haha Then I believe I would have little bits of rock! :)

I didn't say hit it with a sledgehammer lol ;) just enough to break them loose. I've seen your rocks ain't they a nice size cause I really don't think you can hit it that hard to make them shatter.

See how easy it is to stack rocks
52693-albums2955-picture41404.jpg

Lol

Last edited:
Andrew McFadden said:
I didn't say hit it with a sledgehammer lol ;) just enough to break them loose. I've seen your rocks ain't they a nice size cause I really don't think you can hit it that hard to make them shatter.

See how easy it is to stack rocks

Lol

You aren't funny Andrew! :p lol

What ive done was epoxy a few key peices and scape off those but most of my rocks are loose....you can stack them on a table pre hand and take a picture to give yourself an idea thats what ive done it helps

Back
Top Bottom