Blasting Sand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've never used it myself but from what I hear it works good just try and get the larger grain cause the smaller stuff could potentialy enter the gills and do damage since its got like edges to it for blasting purposes

Yes blasting sand works great. I have two tanks, a fw and bw I have black diamond blasting sand in both of them. It makes the colors of my fish stick out alot more. It is easy to clean cuz all the mess sits on the top on the sand. I would suggest it to anyone! Good luck!

Oh yeah when u put it in I would suggest turning filter off, I didn't lol some sand got sucked up in there and I had to take them apart and clean them. It was a mess!

That shouldn't be an issue...what is Paul? A gourami?

Ya that could be a problem your best bet is find soneone on here that has tried it and see how it turned off... id imagine that it wouldn't bother him but like I said 1st hand experience here would be best

I have two eels and I have had no problem with them hurting themselves. They are doing great, do what u feel is right for ur fish. But I do have two eels with the blasting sand for tractor supply and they love it. Just a suggestion and their color looks great against the black color.

My jack looks beautiful against the black sand! All my fish have done great with the black diamond blasting sand for tractor supply.

Where do you get it and how much would you need for a 55?

I got my 50 lb bag from tractor supply and I think my fiancé said it was 12 dollars or so. You just have to rinse it really good, like if u think it's clean keep on rinsing it. I love it I use it on my bw and fw tanks. So it should work for either fresh or salt. I would recommend it for sure!

Back
Top Bottom