Bleaching hospital?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bbush

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Is it necessary to bleach hospital tanks or can you just let it sit empty for a certain period of time?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'd bleach to be on the safe side, you don't want any disease coming back! Also bleach your nets, and decor, siphon, basically anything that was in contact with the sick fish.

A 1 part bleach to 20 parts water is what I use.

Yeah, it was nasty! Couple still clinging to life... I will bleach after use. Thanks

I would too. I know not everyone uses or likes chemicals but in a hospital tank you def dont want that to spread. SCRUB IT
Dont just let it sit in blecah water, scrub it.
Believe it or not you have to use alot of bleach for it to be 100% effective, i would say a cupful in ten gallonst of hot water, let it sit for a bit to de-fume and then scrub away at all the corners and glass. Some things can actually survive a minor bleaching if you dont toss the filter pad you with both kill off BB and not kill the parasite or bacteria completely in the filter pad so get use to scrubbing them as well .

Will do! I have been breaking all the rules & now sadly paying the price...

Nah you didnt do anything wrong its just the way petstore fish are...
Your lucky sometimes and their clean but more often than not this will happen, at least to me lately.

Yeah you're probably right. Just let my eyes over ride my brain. Happens all the time ?
Oh well, they say it's not a mistake if you learn from it, & I'm learning a lot about columnaris...
Got some good info and a plan on how to save the rest of my stock.
Just lost 2 angels so far. Could be worse I'm sure.

Back
Top Bottom