Bloodfin tetra disease?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MandyINCo

Aquarium Advice Activist
I thought I would post a different thread about this problem.

I started out with 6 bloodfin tetras and I'm now down to 3, because of this peculiar thing that keeps picking them off. It starts as what looks to be a little white speck on the tip of their mouth. In a few days it makes their mouth swell up and turn all murky white. Then in another day or two, it appears to make their lower jaw split open to look like another mouth. In essence, they look, surprised. Like they're saying "omg". After that they can't eat, so I use blunt force trauma to put them out of their misery. Actually, I make my husband do it because I can't bear it.

Anyway, I am baffled as to what this is. It keeps happening, one by one. Any answers?

Same issue here

I am having the same issue, but only one them have it. It's weird. Did you figure out what is causing it or how to treat it?

Same problem. I started with 6 of them now I have 0. One of my neons had it also. Now a zebra. What is it? Help!

I had the same thing on a couple of my silver tips but they were always fighting so put it down to a fungal infection following actual damage. I treated for fungus and the fish recovered well and fed well but the whitened 'lips', slightly deformed, were still visable.
Were your blood fins aggressive because mine are dead lively but never fight or squabble.

Back
Top Bottom