Blue acara problems.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caliban07

Aquarium Advice Addict
I went to LFS to purchase 2 blue acara. I wanted one if each sex but they were too small to sex apparently so I took 2 and hoped for the best.

Low and behold, I have 2 males. Now one chases the other whenever he sees it. What would be your next move?

These are the only 2 fish in the tank.
It's a 47US gallon

I remember your thread about wanting to do this...but please refresh me. You want them for breeding...ya?

I did yes but when I tried to request a male and female the LFS said they were impossible to sex. I'd say they were approaching 3inches at this time. Now I think I may have to remove 1 and stock other cichlids with one acara or try for another female.

Thanks for your interest.

They are really hard to tell the males have longer fins and are more pointed where the female has short rounded fins it is very hard to tell when they are small

Your best bet would be to find them online from a reputable dealer. Or try the classifieds on here. It might not be too easy though.

I don't shop over the internet for fish. I keep it local. But a lot of people around here us aquabid.com, liverishdirect.com, liveaquaria.com, aquariumfish.net

Thanks your help is much appreciated. I should have mentioned im from the uk.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm from you uk try searching aquarium classifieds on Google go to cichlid section browse for blue acara you should be sorted if not then place your own listing its FREE !

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom