blue neon rainbows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nycfatcow

Aquarium Advice Freak
thinking about getting 2 blue neon rainbows for my 12g tank... planning on to mix them with some cardinals and cherry shrimp...do you guys see a problem with this combo?

just some advice from someone that has rainbows, they are non aggressive, they might chase something here or there.... but the more of one species you have, the better their colors will look. i have 7 and they all look amazing. i dont know how just 2 will look. Also, they can get to a pretty decent size so make sure you dont over crowd the tank.

I have bosemian(sp) rainbows that are full grown and they have eaten some of my small neons they have not bothered the full grown ones though. Just becarefull.
GOOD LUCK

The only rainbows suitable for a 12g are Threadfins and some of the blue eyed Pseudomugils (I personally would only have Threadfins in a 12g). ;)

Dwarf Neon Rainbows (Praecox) should not be kept in a 12g. They are far too active.

hmmm crap... maybe i rushed my purchase than... i bought 2 of em... they are only like an inch big... but really healthy and eating...i thought the type i bought stay really small...2.5 inches max?

As JustOneMore20 said, it's not the size, but their activity level. I have many different Rainbows in my 75g, and I get good coloration on all of them. HTH

Back
Top Bottom