Blue Peacock Companion?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tankdonovan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a Blue Peacock African [male I believe] in a 29 gal. tank. I aquired him with the 29 from Craigslist along with a Jack Dempasy [all 6in. of him]. I have sense given the Dempsy to a LFS. I had planned on giving the african away but I have changed my mind. My wife has named him Elvis. He is fairly large at about 4 in. not counting his tail.

I have been using Seachem`s Cichlid Lake Salt and Malawi / Victoria Buffer. The ph is around 7.9 / 8.0. I have also been using Brightwell Aquatics`s CichlidCode [trace elements]. He eats well and his color is good.

What I was wanting to know is would it be O.K. to add another fish or two? He lived for years in the 29 with a large Jack Dempsy. I have 2 Penguin 150B filters. I can`t afford to buy a bigger tank now. [maybe later]

What would be a good fish that would be compaitable with him? Or, is the 29 gal just too small?

Thanks for any input.

TankDonova

Attachments

• Peacock.JPG
    Peacock.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 83
I would wait until you get a bigger tank to add things. There are just too many factors. He could get aggressive if you put another fish in he could lose his color or get stressed. Just based on the size that he is I would wait. Keep checking Craig's list for a bigger tank

I have a Blue Peacock African [male I believe] in a 29 gal. tank. I aquired him with the 29 from Craigslist along with a Jack Dempasy [all 6in. of him]. I have sense given the Dempsy to a LFS. I had planned on giving the african away but I have changed my mind. My wife has named him Elvis. He is fairly large at about 4 in. not counting his tail.

I have been using Seachem`s Cichlid Lake Salt and Malawi / Victoria Buffer. The ph is around 7.9 / 8.0. I have also been using Brightwell Aquatics`s CichlidCode [trace elements]. He eats well and his color is good.

What I was wanting to know is would it be O.K. to add another fish or two? He lived for years in the 29 with a large Jack Dempsy. I have 2 Penguin 150B filters. I can`t afford to buy a bigger tank now. [maybe later]

What would be a good fish that would be compaitable with him? Or, is the 29 gal just too small?

Thanks for any input.

TankDonova

Beautiful fish, I don't see a problem adding a few more, maybe an electric blue Hap :)

Ill take him :) get some females from livefishdirect

Good looking Africans! But I have never ordered fish on line. I like to see my fish in person. Finding female Blue Peacocks at my LFS is a challenge. So, on line may be the answer.

TankDonovan

Try to keep Africans and s.american desperate usually s.american are big and aggressive, from what I c

Back
Top Bottom