Blue ram

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trainer_Ruby_

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I bought some Rams at my lfs that where labeled blue ram so naturally I thought gbr but they don't seem right with coloring ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429146205.580774.jpg these are the first cichlids I've ever had. I know they like hiding spots and plants which I plan on doing a massive plant overhaul with Java ferns and moss some hornwort Anubis and Amazon swords they have a couple hiding spots now but not nearly enough

Sent from peliper

Is it a gbr or is it something else? They said it looked really young compared to the others they've had

Sent from peliper

It looks like a GBR to me. Their color goes wacko when they are stressed. Mine was almost white at one point.

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

German Blue Ram
here's a good article on the German blue ram (GBR). I have kept many in the past few years. they do best in a well established aquarium. frequent water changes are also required which of course are needed for the health of all fish.

and yes that is blue ram. they will develop more color as they mature. a few pics of mine.
36993-albums8518-picture32703.jpg

36993-albums8518-picture32706.jpg

at the time these pictures were taken my gbr's were about one year old. both males. I have an all male tank.

Agreed, GBR. the electric blues wont develop the black spot you see on yours.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It does seem young, color may not be all in yet. And if hes stressed its probably nonexistent

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom