Should i add another blue ram(blue ram help)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BudsZA

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I added fish to my tank(60L capacity)around 6 weeks ago now. It had been cycling for probably 2 months before then with some guppies to get the cycle going.

I added 6x harlequin rasbora, 1x GBR and 6x peppered corys(plus a guppy i couldnt catch)

My tank is quite heavily planted with vallisneria starting to spread rapidly and 2x amazon swords.

I have been feeding twice a day. Tetra prima granules with a bit of flake for the ram. I also feed bloodworms twice a week.

The ram has been perfectly happy for the first 5 weeks. Usually quite active and happy to see me.

The blue ram has recently gotten super skittish and hides most of the time. Every now and then i see it but darts back behind the driftwood if a make a movement. I can confirm that the ram is still eating as it comes out during feeding time to eat. I do weekly water changes of around 40% because I've read rams are very sensitive to water parameters.

I am wondering if adding another ram would help make it feel more comfortable and maybe have a shot of getting a pair going. I did an emergency water change today as it was very lethargic earlier and after doing so it seemed to get a lot more active.

Really need to invest in some water test strips to keep track of things.

Appreciate any help.

I don't want to lose this ram!

Attachments

• Fishtank1.jpg
    Fishtank1.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 24
  • fishtank2.jpg
    fishtank2.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 26
From a bioload PoV you can add another Ram. It might help your other rams stress level to have some company.

I want to point out that Rams like warmer water than your other fish will be comfortable with. Cooler water will effect its immune system and the Rams will be more susceptible to infections etc. Something to be aware of

You might try a temperature in the middle of what they all like, maybe 26c. The Rams would really be better at warmer than that, but pushing the temp up further will not suit the rasbora in particular.

Back
Top Bottom