Blue Rams!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Codefox

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I added some koi angels last month to my 120g. I'm not sure what went wrong but they all died. My tank is pretty well established and grossly under stocked at the moment. All I can think of is that after I added them I then thought I'd do a water change and filter maintenance. Maybe not the best idea. :rolleyes:

So I went back to the LFS to try again but they're waiting for more angels right now. Hopefully next week. Then I thought maybe I'd stock up on tetras but even those were pretty much gone. They were heavy on barbs in the last shipment by the looks of it. There was a tank with 4 GBRs that caught my eye. I was considering adding some after the angels but I figured I would just add them now.

Of course, the GBRs are much less hardy than even the angels so I spent a couple hours acclimating them slowly. Hopefully these guys will make it and soon I can add the angels again (and spend more time acclimating I think).

Now I just need to decide on some more tankmates since my tank really needs a ton more ;)

Hah, no, other than the 3 GBRs I have:

1 Siamese algae eater (only non-SA fish I plan to put in the tank)
12 Black Skirt Tetras
2 Red Eye Tetras
8 Neon Tetras
2 Fancy Guppies

I'm going to hold off on new fish for 2 weeks because next friday the LFS will have just gotten in a new shipment so I'll give them a week. Then I intend to do 1 of 2 things, depending on what they got in.

If they got the angels I want, then I'll get 4 more of them. If not, I'm hoping they'll get some red eyes in so I can get that school back up to 12 and I'll also probably get 7 more neons at the same time.

With all of those fish, that's only about 50 fish at that point and with the FX-5 I have running on there, I have plenty of filtration.

The only other fish I know for sure I'd want is a school of cories. So maybe 10 of them some time soon. Other than that, maybe some congo tetras. Not sure what the last fish will be.

Back
Top Bottom