BN Pleco diet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maxi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I have 2 longfin bristlenose plecos for the past few weeks. I'm just a bit worried that they are not eating any zucchini or algae wafers that I put in the tank.

I leave the zucchini overnight and the next morning it doesn't look touched. And if I drop a wafer anywhere near them they just ignore it.

Now, they seem to be growing and are pooping constantly. They are always sucking on the driftwood, cleaning my plants and everything else of algae, and their bellies look fine.

Does anyone else have experience with their BN plecos surviving exclusively on wood and algae? They were pretty small when I got them so i'm guessing they'll take extra food when they mature a bit?

Also, my driftwood has white fuzz growing all over it. I've read it's not harmful and will go away after a while and ALL of my fish eat it. Just wondering what it is? They all love nibbling on it :)

Are they young plecos? If so they are probably preferring to eat the algae that is in the tank. You said they were growing so they're eating something. I wouldn't worry. Keep trying the wafers and other veggies. I'm sure they'll find something they prefer. My bristlenose loves cucumbers

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom