Bogwood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Biggzy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ello there peeps! This is my first post! I've managed to source a tank appropriate for the space I have 2-1-1 or around 10gallon. I've been thinking for a while what to do with it and decided to go for a planted neon tetra tank. When out and about yesterday I saw a perfect piece of bogwood and brought it home. My question is- what's the prep required for this wood? Do I soak it or boil it or even scrub it?! Maybe all the above! Thanks for any help you guys can offer! This is my first aquarium and looking forward to the hobby :) with a few questions on here along the way!

Hi
When I done my bog wood I soaked it for 12 hours then scrub it then repeated it three more times then after that I got a kettle of boiling hot water and poured it all over it I done this twice
Put it in my tank and I had no probs with it leaching colour

Thanks Wayne, the boy in the pet store said it would be ready to go straight into tank! Just shows you can't take the advice given without a little investigating!!!

I know it's always worth looking into!
It wouldn't do any harm to ur tank just make it look like tea! Lol

Some people actually go for that look. It's called blackwater aquariums. YouTube it, some tanks look amazing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom