Boliviam Rams????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kimlafeiet

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My LFS has some beautiful bolivian rams right now. I wan to add them to my 55 gallon community tank.

Do they need to be in pairs, or can I add a single ram to my community tank? I was thinking of getting either a single male, or if they need to be in pairs, a male and female pair. I would hope my lfs guy can sex them properly, but in the event I ended up with 2 males, would they be ok together in the same tank? Plenty of hiding places, peaceful community tank mates.

Also, my QT tank is only 5.5 gallons. Would a pair be ok in there for a couple weeks? Sorry if that seems dumb, I have not ever had cichlids before so I just want to make sure they will be ok in that small of a tank for quarentine.

Also, my QT tank is only 5.5 gallons. Would a pair be ok in there for a couple weeks? Sorry if that seems dumb, I have not ever had cichlids before so I just want to make sure they will be ok in that small of a tank for quarentine.

A 5 gallon qt tank, I personally wouldn't risk putting 2 rams in it. Even if it was for a week or two. What you could do is this: plan to buy 2 rams, but buy 1 at a time. Qt the first one for a week, add it to the 55. Then repeat with the 2nd one.

I was thinking that might be a better way top go. I wouldn't want to risk stressing them both in such a small tank, even for a short while.

Back
Top Bottom