Bolivian Ram Acting Weird Need Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

James G

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello everyone, I've recently bought 3 Bolivian rams and they re not eating, food will be right in front of them and they wont eat it. I've been feeding pellets, frozen brine shrimp, frozen mysis and flakes but they wont eat, they all have sunken belly's one has a noticeable sunken belly and the other two you can just barely notice it. I was thinking to maybe get frozen blood worms maybe they will eat that? they're also picking on the plants in the tank, they're quite active and have good coloring and are picking up sand in their mouths then spitting it out do they have parasites or a fungal or bacterial infection does anyone know whats going on?.

It's not a good sign if the Rams refuse the frozen foods. Make sure you gravel vac the uneaten food. The frozen stuff can foul a tank in short order.
Concentrate on keeping the water ultra clean, making several 20% -25% WC's per week, until the situation levels out.
If the Rams don't eat soon, then chances of the problem being an internal bacterial infection appear likely. I've had zero success ever curing an intestinal bacterial infection. From what I've seen posted from most other forum members, not much success either.
Most Fish stores carrying antibiotics, might try a name brand full spectrum type med.

Back
Top Bottom