Bolivian Red Point, anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gilpi

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone here experienced with these? I saw them a while back and looked a bit like convicts but not as round. Also did some reading on them and it is claimed they are peaceful and grow only up to around 3" which makes it appealing for me to keep.
Can they be kept in a group?
Species tank?
Easy to keep?

Ehh.....Honduran Red Point?

Never heard of a Bolivian Red Point but an HRP is a related species to a convict. Grows in the 4" range.

Ehh.....Honduran Red Point? Never heard of a Bolivian Red Point but an HRP is a related species to a convict. Grows in the 4" range.

Oops, got the countries mixed up :(

Yes, I meant Honduran Red Point.

I'm wondering if they can be kept as a group in a tank?

Those have been classified and are now Amatitlina siquia just as an FYI. :D

What size tank are you trying to keep these in? They are pretty aggressive when spawning and towards conspecifics.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Do you have a taxa reference for the that? I thought the HRP had been determined to be different than A. siquia?

Do you have a taxa reference for the that? I thought the HRP had been determined to be different than A. siquia?

I'll have to see if I can find it, but I'm pretty sure they changed it. However I could be wrong. I've been seeing allot of fish labeled as Amatitlania cf. siquia "Honduran Red Point", that's what Rapps lists his as.

I'll have to see if I can find it, but I'm pretty sure they changed it. However I could be wrong. I've been seeing allot of fish labeled as Amatitlania cf. siquia "Honduran Red Point", that's what Rapps lists his as.

I was told that siquia and HRPs are distinctively different, and siquia is a newly described species

I was told that siquia and HRPs are distinctively different, and siquia is a newly described species

Could be, I thought sp. "Honduran Red point" was what they were and then got put into Siquia .

What size tank are you trying to keep these in? They are pretty aggressive when spawning and towards conspecifics.

I was thinking a of trying a pair in a 20 long?
I was in one of the big LFS in central NJ today and they had the HRPs for 10 bucks a piece but they didn't look any different than the Convicts and they were acting as aggressive as the Convicts that were going for 1.50 a piece, I thought they were supposed to be on the peaceful side?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

None of the Amatitlina are peaceful, they are all mean little turds! You might get away with a pair in a 20L for awhile, just keep the water clean.

Back
Top Bottom