Bolivians layed eggs.... New pics 7/10/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, since introducing the baby Bolivians to the 75G with the adults, I now have a couple mated pairs. In the first 3 pics, the lava stone cave is covered in eggs. The small female is ferociously protecting them as well. In the last pic, looks like one of the Bolivians could be digging a pit in the front corner of the tank. We'll see what happens there....

75g654.jpg

75g655.jpg

75g656.jpg

75g657.jpg

Jchillin said:
LOL...here we go again. (y)

hehe....

Unable to remove these eggs. They are on lava rock, and it's at the back of the 75G aquarium, on the back side of the cave. Really hard to get pics as well. They may end up getting eaten, but who knows. Maybe they will survive just one time, lol. Also, with the thick grassy bottom, maybe some babies will find cover and get hidden in it.

Great shots.......I really like the fish colors against the lush plants. Good luck :!:

Good luck, don't rule the eggs out. My Bolivian rams beat unusual odds, they spawned and survived in a ph of 7.8. The odds may be on your side.

Can't get a good angle to get a pic of the wigglers. But here's the female fanning them. Isn't she beautiful Jchillin? hehe.....

75g658.jpg

75g659.jpg

I can't believe how much those Bolivians look like GBR's. The pelvic and anal fins seem vary similar though they are clearly Bolivians. Congrats by the way.

Actually, they don't even look close to the GBR's. In the pic, it may look similar because the only way I can get the pic is from high up, looking down on the Bolivians. So you don't see the true shape of the fish, like you would from a side shot.

I meant the general coloration except for the obvious. In the last pic it looks like the female has a darker belly (almost reddish/pink) like female GBR's get but maybe it is a deceiving picture. Also, the blue speckling in the anal fin, the red along the top of the dorsal fin, the red and blue on the pelvic fin.

The last picture in your first post clearly shows the differences/similarities between the two

Isn't she beautiful Jchillin? hehe.....

Yes, she is a beauty. And a very proud looking mom to boot.

I had compared the coloration of LWB's bolivians in the past as well. I have never seen so much gold on a bolivian before and haven't since. :)

Yeah, maybe he want to get rid of a few Bolivians to a certain someone (bs6749<<<<<<this guy LOL). I don't have any room (as of now) for any though due to my affinity for GBR's lol. I have 8 in my 55 and they take up the tank bottom by themselves. But I have a plan... a possible sweet deal is in the works for a used 55 gallon. I will keep you updated on whether or not I get it (in a separate thread of course as to not further hijack this one.) Sorry LWB.

Okay, let's talk about those Bolivian babies! Can't wait for updates.

Well, all is going great so far. I can't get pics of them now because they are now further back in the back of the 75G, lol. But they are still there, lol. The female is fierce now, and her colors are even more phenominal. I hope they come back to the side of the tank so I can get more pics. I really want to, BADDDDD, lol. Funny thing, they don't care if the Bichir is near by, lol. He doesn't even pay attention to them. But I try to keep him well fed, on the other end of the tank, so he knows the feeding grounds is on the other end of the tank, lol. I probably overfeed, but it's ok. As long as he stays full, and it's fully planted, I have no problems, lol.

Edit:
Oh, and I'd really, really like one of these:
http://store.luluusa.com/nanego.html

Or even this: (Look at the price)
http://store.luluusa.com/na7counsy.html

Back
Top Bottom