Bored with Mollies Need New Fish Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rush81

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey all! Hoping to get some feed back. I have a 75FW stocked with
1 High Fin Pleco about 5in long
10 danios m/f mix
the mollies started with 2 males and 4 females ended up with too many babies to count and no males and 1 female. Was not perpared for all the babies, tank crashed for a while but is now back up and running.
Most the babies died in the ph crash.
I currently have the pleco and danios 1 full adult mollie, 1 almost adult f. mollie and 2 more that are babies growing so long story short 4 i think all female gold/black mollies
What would be good to put with for a change in view
Ammonia 0.25 to 0.50
PH likes to sit at 6.6ish
No2 - and No3's are in good range
I have a big piece of drift wood and natural gravel with chunck of limestone plactic plants ( blah i know) but I dont know live plants
Suggestions?

I love Jack Dempseys but I dont think they will play nice with what i already have

I'd add nothing until ammonia levels are back at 0.
I should Clearify my ammoina I do weekly pwc's every thurs. my ammonia is 0 until about wed / thurs and it will range 0.25 to .50 i pwc and its back to 0

Ammonia in a cycled tank should always read 0. What are readings for nitrite and nitrate?

I have really been enjoying one of my friend's setups. He has some beautiful rainbow fish in his community tank as well as some blue rams in another tank. Both fish are stunning and very interesting to watch.

I keep pearl gouramis in my own tank. They are very beautiful fish and do well with the coral platys and gold dust mollys as tank mates.

I do agree with some of the earlier sentiments to make certain that you tank ammonia AND nitrites are at zero for a full week before adding more to the tank. I would also consider adding ammolock to your current water to protect your stock while you clear the ammonia. Definitely keep up with those water changes. :)

Can't wait to know what you choose as your new little buddies.

I concur, rams. I keep angels and they are beautiful, but they would eat small mollies. Cories are super fun to watch and they get along with most fish. I have 3 Bolivian rams and they are a great joy to watch. Personally, I am also a fan of rummy nose tetras.

Okay so its been a week in a half since my last water change. I usually do every thursday but got behind.
I wanted readings before i do a pwc....
So not what i expected but here goes....
Ammonia- Between .25 almost .50 obv doing a pwc today

P.H. - Looks to be in 7.5 range? According to my API test its not really a 7.6 blue but in my High Range PH its not really a 7.4 dark orange and not a 7.8 bright orange..ya follow? anyhow so I'm going with 7.5??? didnt expect this

No2 - 2.0 im in shock ive never seen it do that bright of pink purple

No3 - 40ppm
Changing water now, sigh I am starting to think my tank is cursed. Why am I having so much trouble? Maybe its bi-polar lol no offense to anyone intended. I mean from an extremeist side its either 6.0 or now 7.5ish i just cant win.
Although i have to admit my fish havent seemed happier the tank looks beautiful. IDK man I'll just keep the pwc up weekly
I use Prime and my fluval 405 has
2 levels of biomax
1 level of Kent carbon
and 1 level of crushed coral
ample air stones and lime stone rocks in my tank

Back
Top Bottom