boring tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daveness123

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello all. As the title suggests my tank has everything it needs for a map turtle just it's boring. What could I put in there to make the turtle have more fun and how deep could I have the water? He's about 3" long

Thanks for any suggestions it's a blank canvas but I want low maintenance as I've got the water perfect and dont want to mess it up.

ForumRunner_20131126_220901.jpg

I put a live plant in there only for it to get destroyed not eaten just torn apart so I'll go with the fake ones. Thanks for the reply :)

Welcome! I have fake plants because they are easier. I hope I helped!

My turtle always loved a big cave made from slate rock

That sounds fun I might have to build one suppose it gives them somthing to investigate

You can put river pebbles at the bottle and add 5-7 cheap live aquatic plants. That way they can't destroy them all at once. A action bubbler, or a floating log, turtles have fun on those.
May I ask why I don't see a proper basking light and some uv light?
Bright lighting also brings out color in a tank. And a black background would too.
Some baby feeder fish would brighten them up. Turtles are slow at eating and won't eat fish unless they are slow. So some killifish and a loach / catfish

The two uv lights are in the lid with a clip on heat lamp. Witch I took out to take the picture because it's ugly looking

Hello all. As the title suggests my tank has everything it needs for a map turtle just it's boring. What could I put in there to make the turtle have more fun and how deep could I have the water? He's about 3" long

Thanks for any suggestions it's a blank canvas but I want low maintenance as I've got the water perfect and dont want to mess it up.

View attachment 209402

Anacharis is a good fast growing plant for turtles, they'll usually eat it and it's tough enough to not get torn apart.

It doesn't look like you have a heat lamp for their basking area? If it's on top of the tank it's most likely too far away :( And your tank looks like it's really really humid! If you have a lid on the tank take it off immediately! High humidity can contribute towards shell rot, respiratory infections amongst other things!

Back
Top Bottom