bought a pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
aeruelas said:
How do I care for a Pleco. Any advice and tips

What type? What size tank? What type of filtration do you have? What are the plecos tank mates?

Don't take this the wrong way please but... You should really know how to care for something whether it be a fish,cat, dog etc... before buying it. Now you have this pleco and are wondering how to care for it.

More info is needed to help answer your question. They are poop machines and dirty, your gonna need a filtration system. Also this depends on what else is in your tank. Also If it's a common pleco it will get BIG.

So more info please so we can help you help your pleco.

Its in a 10 gallon for now since its small and with one fan tail goldfissh I have a filtration aeration

Just. Heads up the goldfish will eventually need a 20-25 gallon tank and depending on the pleco it will as well! :)

I have a few plecos in my tank, I also had a fan tail goldfish with it. Plecos are easy to look after they will eat the left over food from other fish and also find food around the tank. You can buy then algae waffles which they will love to eat. As mentioned before they do grow big and pretty fast as I have found out.

Back
Top Bottom