Bought another 55 gallon tank at the PETCO $1/gallon sale...LOL!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good for you :) I wish they had the 75g on the sale. I personally don't care for the 55g, not enough depth for me lol

LOL! I've been obsessed with saltwater fish since I had my first tank at 20 yrs old! LOOOOOVVVEEE IT!

Yes, I want my 150 gallon back but I don't know if the upstairs can handle the weight. I really can't go above 100 gallons max... =(. I just need to build a house with a tank wall! LOL!

huma-huma said:
A 150 is only 4-500 more lbs. atleast go 125

Actually a 150 compared to a 55 is 95 more gallons. 1us gallon weighs something like 8.5lbs. So that just about 850 lbs in just water, not to mention the weight of the extra substrate and decor.

I'm just afraid I'll wake up in the middle of the night to a crash and water coming through my ceiling! LOL!

aaronjohn20 said:
Actually a 150 compared to a 55 is 95 more gallons. 1us gallon weighs something like 8.5lbs. So that just about 850 lbs in just water, not to mention the weight of the extra substrate and decor.

She said 100g is her max.. 150-100=50. And nikki it wouldnt be a crash... Itd be a "WTF just crashed into my house?!?" kinda sound

Good for you :) I wish they had the 75g on the sale. I personally don't care for the 55g, not enough depth for me lol

Don't know if they have any outside the NYC area, but petland discounts several months back had their own $1/gallon sale that included up to 75gal.

Can't tell you if it was just a one time thing or once a year etc .. but they were offering it across their stores ... not just the one where I saw it adverstised.

huma-huma said:
A 150 is only 4-500 more lbs. atleast go 125

I'm sorry. I'm sure now that u meant jumping up to a 150g from 100g. I was thinking you meant jumping up from a 55g to a 150g would only be 4-500lbs more.

aaronjohn20 said:
I'm sorry. I'm sure now that u meant jumping up to a 150g from 100g. I was thinking you meant jumping up from a 55g to a 150g would only be 4-500lbs more.

Its all good. Yeah the math wouldve been slightly off had i meant a 55-150 jump

i always find 10 and 20 gallons when i get there for the sale, never anything bigger :(

If you have a 150 gallon you would like to give me I wouldn't mind!! LOL!

huma-huma said:
I currently have 2 125s sitting on my porch empty ;)

Ill take one lol. That's the next size I'm getting if I can find a good deal on one

Lol i wish. One is my main livingroom tank and the second is gonna be an emergency/LR aquaculture tank

huma-huma said:
Lol i wish. One is my main livingroom tank and the second is gonna be an emergency/LR aquaculture tank

LOL! Boo! I'd of taken one as well!! Haha!

Not getting mine!

*thinking about putting a futon in the kitchen so I can lay there and stare at it...xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx*

You know, the first step is admitting there is a problem... :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom