Bp tankmates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

T3G6773

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was thinking about getting a 40 gallon, but I changed my mind and and thinking of getting a 75 gallon tank, what will be some good tankmates for a single blood parrot in a 75 gallon tank?

Are you 100% settled on a BP? Im not dicouraging it because of it being a hybrid, i want to say that right off the bat. But, because they ARE hybrids, they aren't really able to compete too well with some if the other Cichlids, especially not the bigger ones. Mainly because they swim slower and eat slower and aren't as well adapted to take on potential aggression.

As i see it, you can either add in some Cons or FMs or Rainbows as Cichlids, or go with a more peaceful tank that has some schoolers and some bottom feeders and stuff.

If money cant buy happiness, that why do I need a job? I mean, I should be getting these fish free, since I don't have to pay for happy...

Are you 100% settled on a BP? Im not dicouraging it because of it being a hybrid, i want to say that right off the bat. But, because they ARE hybrids, they aren't really able to compete too well with some if the other Cichlids, especially not the bigger ones. Mainly because they swim slower and eat slower and aren't as well adapted to take on potential aggression.

As i see it, you can either add in some Cons or FMs or Rainbows as Cichlids, or go with a more peaceful tank that has some schoolers and some bottom feeders and stuff.

If money cant buy happiness, that why do I need a job? I mean, I should be getting these fish free, since I don't have to pay for happy...

I know they are hybrids, I would like a decently peaceful tank, no dead fish, I was thinking about adding 1 firemouth and some sort of school of fish and some sort of bottomfeeder

And I don't have to put a firemouth I was just thinking of suggestions, and if I have like 15 tiger barbs, is that school large enough that they won't attack other fish?

Back
Top Bottom