Brackish water cleaners?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joey17

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone know of good brackish water cleaners fro tanks? I meant as in animals. I can't get any snails because the salt will kill them. Could i use vampire/fan shrimp?

It depends on what type of fish you plan on keeping and what salinity your water will be. For the most part you have to clean up for them. I have a 50 gallon BW that I am transitioning to marine conditions. The tank has a lone green spotted puffer and I do weekly 25% pwc's with gravel vacuuming.

I'm not familiar with either of those shrimp, whether or not they tolerate BW, but I believe ghost shrimp can tolerate low-end BW.

cleanup as in what sense? some snail can tolerate saltwater, so I bet that there are some that will live in BW tanks. I beleve that the following are also suitable for a BW enviroment. Black Fin Shark, Freshwater Flounder,and knight gobys. thase might be somthing you are interested in. just define what you want it to do, and you will make it easier for us the get you a little clearer answer. hth ~corey

Back
Top Bottom