Brand new aquarist!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spencerharrison

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, this whole journey started with my wife and I getting a fish tank for my 2 year old daughter. We have had the tank for about a week now and I am completely hooked on this hobby. My wife is pretty sick of me constantly researching how to best take care of my daughters new best friends.
I am doing a fish in cycle due to buying the tank one day, conditioning the water and adding the bio start liquid then two days after getting fish and adding them in. I had no idea about fishless cycles but I am monitoring the amonia levels every other day to make sure they don't go above 1ppm.
My goal is to get this tank set up and cycled, happy and healthy and eventually get a tank of my own for a betta fish and some tank mates (which is a whole other world of research lol). I really want to learn everything I can to start tank-scaping with driftwood and lots of plants.
It's a great hobby for my daughter and I to enjoy together. She picked out which fish she wanted, as well as the decorations and gravel (unicorn, octopus, and bright rainbow gravel lol). Right now she has 2 guppies, 2 Molly's, and two crypt plants.
So enough of my rant, but I hope to get lots of advice from here to make sure my daughter friends will be around for a long time.

Attachments

• IMG_2850.jpg
    IMG_2850.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 20
It absolutely is an amazing hobby with endless knowledge and limitless possibilities. We’re all in it together and here to help! [emoji23][emoji106]

Back
Top Bottom