Brand New molly with ICH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeyGGGG

Aquarium Advice Activist
Alright so about 2 hours ago I picked up a rather good sized black Molly from petsmart and I got home let it acclimate to my tank temp for about 30 minutes then I put it in the tank. To my surprise I found that when I actually took a closer look at the fish it's tail fin is a together I have other healthy mollies so I assume this isn't normal. Also there are white spots all along the fish's body. I am looking to confirm this is not normal and to see if in the hour and half or so tue fish was in the tank with my other fish could they have been infected and possible treatments... I isolated the fish in another tank already thanks and please help!!!!

White spots all along the fish's body is most definitely ich. It is possible that the ich had time to spread, so you'll just have to keep an eye on the other mollies and see.

Good treatments, especially for mollies, would be hypersalinity and an increase in temperature along with daily PWCs.

Okay! Be sure to add salt and raise the temp SLOWLY. Don't raise it more than a degree or two a day. And add salt to the PWC water, but not more than maybe a teaspoon per five gallons at first, and work up to a teaspoon per gallon.

You don't have any scaleless fish do you? That might make salt a bad treatment.

The molly is by itself in a 5 gallon hexagonal tank but there is a khuli loach in the original 10 gal along with two snails

I went to start treatment to find the Molly dead:((((( it also appears that there was a pretty bad case of fin rot.... Poor fish

Back
Top Bottom