Brand New Tank Tests Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jcarlilesiu

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just set up a new 5 gallon saltwater tank yesterday. I added about 5 lbs of live rock and 5 lbs of live sand. I did a test today and my ph seems to be kind of low ( 7.8 ) and I tried to test my ammonia but the color indicated in the test tube is not any of the color's listed on my "color indicator." The test kit I bought is by Aquarium Pharmaceuticals, Inc "Saltwater Master Liquid Test Kit" So, I have two questions......1) How do I increase my ph? and 2) Does anyone know what my ammonia test is doing??? ....... Your help will be greatly appreciated

Oh, btw.....the color that my test tube shows is a cloudy light blue.[/img]

How do I increase my ph?
try testing it at different times during the day. Ph will natually change through out the day, mainly based on light. Testi it in the morning after the lights have been off all noght and agian in the evening after the lights have been on. What is the change in Ph? Besides, if you are cycling Ph is not really too important.
Does anyone know what my ammonia test is doing???
If it is anything but the color listed for "0", you still have sonme NH3. Give it more time.

Back
Top Bottom