Brand New To The Hobby...Please Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did my cycle stall????

Today's readings, Wednesday 6/6 4:15pm

Ammonia - 4.0 ppm (hasn't budged in 2 days since re-dose)

NitrIte - 5.0 ppm (gets darker purple each day)

NitrAte - 0 ( goldish color so might be beginning to go up, not sure)

pH - 8.0

Ok so the NitrItes keep going up which is good, but the ammonia hasn't moved in 2 days and still no NitrAtes!!! Has it stalled???? What do I do??? First time I added ammonia was Monday 5/28 and then on Saturday night 6/2 added a cultured pad to filter and on Monday 6/4 ammonia had dropped to somewhere between 1-2. So I redosed back to 4. Now no movement for 2 days....confused and need advise on what to do??? Go buy some more cultured pads??? PWC???? Stand pat and wait another day or 2 and watch numbers??? Please help.....

Attachments

• image-4055071927.jpg
    image-4055071927.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 36
I wouldn't worry, it's normal not to have any activity for a few days. Once the bacteria develop more the ammonia should start dropping more consistently. Your PH looks good. Your nitrites are rising so that's a good sign. WIth nitrites at less than two weeks in you're ahead of schedule, just wait it out. :)

Ok today's readings, Thursday June 7th

Ammonia - 4.0 (still no movement since the redose Monday night)

NitrIte - 5.0+ (Dark purple)

NitrAte - 5.0 (yes finally showing some)

pH - 8.0

So although I am really happy to start seeing NitrAtes for the first time, I am confused that the Ammonia hasn't dropped in 3 days?????? What is my next step???? Please help this newbie through his first cycle....

Attachments

• image-1021811215.jpg
    image-1021811215.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 29
Back
Top Bottom