Breeding Amano Shrimp..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basefrog

Aquarium Advice Freak
Easy/Hard?

I have just set up a 23L tank and it is cycling atm. I was going to stock it with amano shrimp and cardinal tetras.

Is it worth getting the shrimp first and leaving it a few months to see if they breed before adding the tetras? or will they still breed with the tetras in there with enough hiding places?

Many thanks
Nathan
:fish2:

The amano shrimp larvae need salt water until they turn into what you think amanos look like. The larvae need 30-35ppt saltwater with an air stone and 24 hour light. You then do a water change at 30 days and then around 35-40 they will all look like the amanos you have in your aquarium. Also the Larvae swim to the light which makes it easy to suck them up with a syringe to transfer them.

Jz is right? I think...theyre not able to breed in fw. Proper breeding guidelines do not seem readily available.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They can breed in freshwater and hatch...but the zoa will not survive unless transfered to salt water ....from my understanding

Im currently attempting this tonight as my missing female emerged with eggs all over her swimmerettes today....it is not for the feint of stomach ?

Back
Top Bottom